Background

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Getting Started

Thanks to everyone who has come to this blog. Just a little about Shortcake Custom Creations. This is a place where you can get customized cakes for any occasion! What started all this was when I was in a crunch to find a monster cake for my son's 2nd birthday. I called everyone around our little community and no one could do a custom Monster cake. So I went to searching the internet and found some  ideas and decided I would do it myself. I personally think they turned out GREAT! 
My mom (Shera) is the baker! I don't think there are any cakes out there better than hers, and that homemade buttercream icing is the BEST! I (Lynz) am the decorator. I LOVE to come up with new ideas and see what I can create!
If you would like a custom cake just give me a call at (423) 489-5900 or email us at shortcakecustomcreations@gmail.com. We look forward to making your custom cake creation for your special celebration!

This is a picture of all three of the cakes and cupcakes that I created for my son's 2nd birthday.
 This little guy is a three layer round cake. Two layers were chocolate and one layer was funfetti. He is covered in chocolate icing with a layer of green fondant on the outside. Everything on this little guy is edible!
This is what the inside of the cake looked like! Yummy!
This little guy is French vanilla cake (we tried to color him green so when you cut into him he looked like slim, the color was much lighter than we wanted but it tasted great!) He is covered in homemade buttercream icing and decorated with piped icing and fondant.
This is the inside of the cake above.
I wanted to do something special just for the birthday boy so I came up with this! His own personal cake! He is decorated with buttercream icing. We had left over batter so we decided to do some cupcakes too!
Here is a better view of the cupcake tree!

I think he had fun blowing out his cupcake!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment